Richard (Scott) Hearing, O.D. F.A.A.O
Board Certified Optometric Physician
Dr. M. Richard Hearing is a resident of Florida since 1968. Graduated from The University of South Florida with a Bachelor's degree and received his Doctorate in 1984 from the Southern College of Optometry in California.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
- Adjunct Faculty West Virginia University, School of Medicine
- Active member of the Palm Beach Florida Optometric Association
- Certified in Low Vision by the State of Florida, Division of Blind .Services.
- NASA, Georgia Tech, West Virginia University Research Developer in the next generation of low vision technology.
- Clinical affiliation for the Summit Excimer Laser Program.
- Refractive Surgery and Corneal Reshaping Consultant.
- Former U.S. Army Reserve Medical Officer.
- Private Pilot's License, Missionary Flights Volunteer
- Former Director of Clinical Eye Care at the Providenciales Health Medical Center (PHMC)
- Former Director of Optometric Services for Medical Ministries International (MM)
- Board of Directors of Braille International member.
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America