SIGNS OF HEARING LOSS
Do you find yourself frequently asking people to repeat themselves? Perhaps you can hear people talking but just don't understand the words? Or, maybe, you have more difficulty hearing what others are saying in noisy places or over the telephone? A common sign is having the TV volume louder than normal. These are just a few of the symptoms of hearing loss. According to the Mayo Clinic, gradual hearing loss affects around one-quarter of American men and women aged 65 to 75. Unfortunately, it often goes undiagnosed and untreated. The fact is that many people postpone testing for the simple reason that they are unaware that receiving treatment for hearing loss can greatly improve their quality of life.
At VISUAL HEALTH, we have helped tens of thousands of individuals see more clearly through cataract surgery. Now, we are pleased to be able to help our patients hear more clearly too! We offer testing and treatments, including state-of-the-art hearing aids, for those experiencing symptoms of hearing loss. Whether you are a patient at VISUAL HEALTH or accompanying someone to their appointment, you can be tested while in our office.
WHY HEARING SERVICES AT VISUAL HEALTH?
- There is a very high correlation between vision loss and hearing loss in our older patients and a double negative effect of two sensory deficits occurring at the same time
- Our patients have asked for this service ("I wish I could hear as well as I see")
- Hearing loss is the most common and most frequently undiagnosed, untreated medical condition in our patient population here at VISUAL HEALTH
- People with hearing loss put off a decision to get hearing help because they are either in denial or unaware of the fact that receiving treatment for hearing loss has the potential to literally transform lives
- Studies indicate that only 14% of doctors routinely screen for hearing loss during a physical. Since most people with hearing loss hear pretty well in a quiet room (like a doctor's exam room), it can be difficult, if not impossible for your doctor to notice the problem.
- 90% of all cases can be diagnosed and treated right here at VISUAL HEALTH